Day on the Clinch Problem

Having trouble with one of our scenarios?

Moderators: Momentum, steamwhistle

Postby iaine » November 21 2005

Craig, Wulf,

Thanks for this. Craig, I have sent you a PM.

Wulf, you're following me or is it the other way round? Thanks for the tip, I will give it a try.

Regards,
Iain
...Ah yes, I remember it well !
iaine
TPR Forum Member
TPR Forum Member

Postby Wulf » November 21 2005

It does look like a circle at times doesn't it, but this here place is my home :)
The difficult we do immediately - the impossible takes a little longer
Wulf
TPR Engineering Team
TPR Engineering Team

Postby Coachman888 » December 03 2006

Some additonal information, albeit a year late, gleaned from experience may be useful.

I downloaded 'A Day on the Clinch' and like others before me found it did not work. I was presented with the error screen as described earlier in this thread and later a watery blue screen.

Following the information within this thread I found that I had one item of rolling stock was missing, (Clinchfield Caboose). This was downloaded but still the scenario would not work.

My paintshed.ja was in the right place as described in this thread.

It was suspected earlier in this thread that the bogies for the boxcars may have been causing the problem but the link to the Auran thread would not work for me. So I turned my attention to the config file for the scenario. Using TO v6.0 build 544 this was found under Activites (Scenarios).

Fortuantely the compiler of this config file did not use numbers to list the items but the usernames. One, the second from the bottom, was listed as being unidentified, the KUID for this item was <kuid:76096:50599>.

Checking Rolling Stock Parts within TO revealed that I had the KUID installed, it is a 36x70 inch Roller Bearing Truck. A bogey for us this side of the pond.

I copied the username from the config file of the truck/bogey over to the config file of the scenario using copy/paste.

It was then that I noticed that the item <kuid:76096:50000> had a companion, <kuid2:76096:50000:1>. Usually done when an item is updated. The former kuid is a required asset for the scenario so I changed to the updated version as well.

On running 'A Day on the Clinch' again it worked.

I do not know which vehicle required the truck/bogey <kuid:76096:50599> or why it should be listed in the config file as unidentified.

I am running TRS04 v2.4 build 2370.

Thanks to all for the help pointing me in the right direction getting the scenario working.

I hope this helps someone.

Regards
Roger
Growing old is compulsory, growing up is optional.
Coachman888
TPR Forum Member
TPR Forum Member

Postby Momentum » December 03 2006

Coachman888 wrote:It was then that I noticed that the item <kuid:76096:50000> had a companion, <kuid2:76096:50000:1>. Usually done when an item is updated. The former kuid is a required asset for the scenario so I changed to the updated version as well.

On running 'A Day on the Clinch' again it worked.

Simply installing the updated version would have made the scenario work. There's no reason to change the config as TRS would have recognised the updated version.
I do not know which vehicle required the truck/bogey <kuid:76096:50599> or why it should be listed in the config file as unidentified.

I can't remember which piece of RS it was either, but the bogie was listed as unidentified simply because SCS couldn't find a USERNAME tag (rightly, as a bogie shouldn't have a username tag) in the original config.

Cache Ya,
Craig.
Trainz Pro Routes
Heckling from the cheap seats!
Momentum
TPR Testing Team Member
TPR Testing Team Member

Postby Coachman888 » December 04 2006

Many thanks for the reply Momentum.

That seems to mean that changing the config for the SCS(?) did not make the scenario work. Before the change it did not work after the change it did.

So what made it work?

Probably never know however it does work and it's great, many thanks to yourself, JPK and the crew...

Regards
Roger
Growing old is compulsory, growing up is optional.
Coachman888
TPR Forum Member
TPR Forum Member

Previous

Return to Scenario Support