Day on the Clinch Problem

Having trouble with one of our scenarios?

Moderators: Momentum, steamwhistle

Postby Momentum » October 03 2005

Paul,

I was surprised that the boxcars was it.

I suppose your next mission should be to find the session in TrainzObjectz (click the Profiles (Session) checkbox) and get TO to check for missing dependencies. If that's okay, then open Surveyor and try placing these items in any old route.

50ft Boxcar Clinchfield 7212
50ftBoxcarClinchfield7057ant
Caboose Clinchfield 1062
clinchfield_1937_boxcar
clinchfield_1937_boxcar_(LARS)
Clinchfield_CC&O
Clinchfield_CC&O_(LARS)
Clinchfield_DF_(LARS)
Clinchfield_fruit_growers
GP38 Clinchfield 2003
GP38 Clinchfield 2004

That's the whole consist as defined in the session and it's in the same order you'll find everything in the Rolling Stock menu. When you find the one that won't show up in Surveyor we might be able to figure out why.

Let me know how you go.

Cache Ya,
Craig.
Trainz Pro Routes
Heckling from the cheap seats!
Momentum
TPR Testing Team Member
TPR Testing Team Member

Postby p_hucklebridge » October 03 2005

Hi Momentum,

The problem is diffently with the boxcars because when I try to put a boxcar down on the track on a layout it would not go down. The boxcar would disappear from the consist list from the side bar, so the problem could be the bogies for the boxcars. With my son Chris (Pyscho Aussie) we are going nut the problem to the bogies. And I will let you know how I get on.

Paul :?:
p_hucklebridge
TPR Forum Member
TPR Forum Member

Postby Momentum » October 03 2005

Hi Paul,

I was aware that Chris was your son. Do you happen to know which boxcar it is that won't be placed? I can tell you exactly which other dependencies it needs.

Cache Ya,
Craig.
Trainz Pro Routes
Momentum
TPR Testing Team Member
TPR Testing Team Member

Postby psycho_aussie » October 03 2005

Hi Craig. I've sorted out the problem, so it shouldn't occur again. The problem is with all of the boxcars from meridious. You know, the PaintShed reskins. It seems that somewhere along the line, PS didn't install itself properly, so the PaintShed.ja file was missing from the World folder. Once I copied that across, it worked fine.

Chris
psycho_aussie
TPR Forum Member
TPR Forum Member

Postby Momentum » October 04 2005

Chris,

Great to hear you resolved the issue, and thanks for the feedback. I know there's others out there having much the same problem, so hopefully they'll see this.

Cache Ya,
Craig.
Trainz Pro Routes
Momentum
TPR Testing Team Member
TPR Testing Team Member

Postby p_hucklebridge » October 04 2005

Hi Momentum,

After my son had fixed the scenario it runs fine now. A good job on the scenario, I had only ran it for little bit until I had got to Miller Yard and all is right. In the near future will you be at some stage change it to TRS 2006.

Paul :P
p_hucklebridge
TPR Forum Member
TPR Forum Member

Postby Momentum » October 04 2005

Paul,

I don't have a copy of TRS2006 as yet. I did play with it for most of last weekend, but couldn't see a whole lot of difference when compared to TRS2004.

As for scenarios, TRS2006 doesn't have the "Export Scenario Data" option that earlier versions had, so building the base items used in a scenario is going to have to wait at least until Trainzmap'06 is released.

Cache Ya,
Craig.
Trainz Pro Routes
Momentum
TPR Testing Team Member
TPR Testing Team Member

Clinch II sorted, I hope

Postby iaine » November 18 2005

I have been experiencing exactly the same problem. I had been running Clinch II without any problems - Fantastic scenario :D , then I started getting the script running problems. I even went so far as to uninstall and reinstall. Same result. in desperation turned to your forum.

Thanks guys, if I read your string correctly I need to copy paintshed.ja across into trainz/world. I'm running TRS 2004 build 2.4 v2370 by the way, checked the files and paintshed.ja was missing. Going to try the scenario again now.

Here's hoping!

IainE
...Ah yes, I remember it well !
iaine
TPR Forum Member
TPR Forum Member

Nope. did not work. guess I have to try and work my way backwards thru this thread.
iaine
TPR Forum Member
TPR Forum Member

Cracked it - somehow! did most of things above and also checked KUID 58422:50110 Bettendorf bogey as recommended by gartlan on the TRS 2004 forum. He had the same problem. In my case there was no space between kuid-table{. changed it to kuid-table { and everything is fine. Now I can get back and have some real fun - tomorrow!
iaine
TPR Forum Member
TPR Forum Member

Postby dh2k3 » November 19 2005

iaine,

You need to create an asset and saved it for any PS asset to work.

Dave
dh2k3 in Auran's, Razorback's, and MyTrainz's IRC chat. Feel free to drop by and say hi!
dh2k3
TPR Forum Member
TPR Forum Member

Postby Momentum » November 19 2005

dh2k3 wrote:You need to create an asset and saved it for any PS asset to work.

Dave,

The whole point of creating that first asset, then saving it is so that Paintshed will copy the paintshed.ja file into your TRS2004\World directory. Simply copying the .JA file over from Paintshed\_inst\World has the desired effect without the need to create anything.

The Paintshed installer has been broken for so long that people don't even remember a time when the .JA file was installed correctly. :roll:

I do! ;)

Cache Ya,
Craig.
Trainz Pro Routes
Momentum
TPR Testing Team Member
TPR Testing Team Member

Postby iaine » November 20 2005

Dave, Craig,

Thanks for the hint/tip. Copy accross worked fine. Now really enjoying myself. Clinch scenario is good fun - but you know that already :!: :D ! General question Craig, - do the other Trainz Pro routes work with TRS2004 2.4 v2370? If so, how and what do I need to down load and to where/
You guys do a really good job on hassle free loads and running :!:

Iain
iaine
TPR Forum Member
TPR Forum Member

Postby Momentum » November 21 2005

Iain,

All the routes available through TPR can be loaded into TRS2004. Unfortunately many of the scenarios were created for earlier versions of Trainz and won't run properly, if at all, in TRS2004.

If you have the full Montana Rail Link route installed I can heartily recommend the Huntley Hostler scenario. (on the DLS) Peter did a great job with this scenario and the switching section has literally kept me amused for hours.
If you do intend to try this route & scenario, post a PM to me and I'll explain where to find all the needed assets.

Cache Ya,
Craig.
Trainz Pro Routes
Momentum
TPR Testing Team Member
TPR Testing Team Member

Postby Wulf » November 21 2005

There's one other thing you can do to 'ease' the use of Paintshed assets - open TRS2004\settings\caching.txt and add the following line at the bottom :-

world_cache_Paintshed 1

now TRS will generate a world_cache_Paintshed.ja.chump file, meaning faster loading times ;)
The difficult we do immediately - the impossible takes a little longer
Wulf
TPR Engineering Team
TPR Engineering Team

PreviousNext

Return to Scenario Support