A day on the Clinch, help needed to complete coal run

Having trouble with one of our scenarios?

Moderators: Momentum, steamwhistle

A day on the Clinch, help needed to complete coal run

Postby albert1z » February 26 2006

Hello,
I need some help to complete the coal run of the scenario.
Context :
TRS2004 build 2390 (French Edition)
Route kuid 94112 10011022
Scenario kuid2 94112 10010059 2
After being coupled with the first row of coal loaded cars at Allen mine #2 and having moved pass the mine entry junctions, if the two locos push back to couple to the second row of cars, the scenario ends with a red message.
I found this at the end of the Jetlog :
- 00000A20 Prog 54:43.7 Trainz : router message from 0822 'YardSw5N' to 2706 '', message Junction, Leave
- 00000A20 Prog 54:43.7 Trainz : router message from 2706 '' to 0822 'YardSw5N', message Object, Leave
- 00000A20 Prog 54:51.2 Trainz : router message from 1708 's35935' to 2108 '', message Train, Entered red signal
- 00000A20 Prog 54:51.2 Trainz : router message from 2108 '' to 0000 '', message Train, Entered red signal notify
- 00000A20 Prog 54:56.3 Trainz : router message from 0000 '' to 0000 '', message Scenario, Quit

I tried many times, in DCC mode and in cabin mode.
In the latest attempts, I waited some time after the junction was set to the second row track (I checked with CTL+H) before pushing back, no success.
Should I wait at the junction more time (how long) or should I do something else ?

Thanks in advance.
albert1z
TPR Forum Member
TPR Forum Member

Re: A day on the Clinch, help needed to complete coal run

Postby Momentum » February 26 2006

albert1z wrote:Hello,
I need some help to complete the coal run of the scenario.
Context :
TRS2004 build 2390 (French Edition)
Route kuid 94112 10011022
Scenario kuid2 94112 10010059 2
After being coupled with the first row of coal loaded cars at Allen mine #2 and having moved pass the mine entry junctions, if the two locos push back to couple to the second row of cars, the scenario ends with a red message.

There's something not at all right here. In the scenario code signal s35935 should be forced to it's yellow state the second you uncouple from the empties, which of course means it shouldn't complain at all about your train passing. In fact looking at the original code it shouldn't ever change state from then on as I completely forgot about setting it back to automatic.
I tried many times, in DCC mode and in cabin mode.
In the latest attempts, I waited some time after the junction was set to the second row track (I checked with CTL+H) before pushing back, no success.
Should I wait at the junction more time (how long) or should I do something else?

I know it's painful getting back there but if you can carefully move the first set of cars just past junction AllenMine2Tk2 until you get the STOP message (the "Bring it to a stop here. I'll get the junction." message) and not drive past the next junction (AllenMine2) you shouldn't have a problem.

If the scenario does dump you out can you immediately shut down TRS and send the jetlog to me momentum22 [at] gmail.com and I'll see what I can find out.

Cache Ya,
Craig.
Trainz Pro Routes
Heckling from the cheap seats!
Momentum
TPR Testing Team Member
TPR Testing Team Member

Postby albert1z » February 26 2006

Thanks for your very prompt response.
Momentum wrote:if you can carefully move the first set of cars just past junction AllenMine2Tk2 until you get the STOP message (the "Bring it to a stop here. I'll get the junction." message) and not drive past the next junction (AllenMine2) you shouldn't have a problem.

That did it.
In the previous attempts, I went too far.
I am having great entertainment times with it.
Thanks for having created and released it.

Cheers.
PS : I plan to reach Miller's yard next week when I have hand picked all that coal at exit of Dante yard :wink: . I must leave now, I am hearing a big horn behind me...
albert1z
TPR Forum Member
TPR Forum Member

Postby Momentum » February 26 2006

albert1z wrote:Thanks for your very prompt response.
Momentum wrote:if you can carefully move the first set of cars just past junction AllenMine2Tk2 until you get the STOP message (the "Bring it to a stop here. I'll get the junction." message) and not drive past the next junction (AllenMine2) you shouldn't have a problem.

That did it.
In the previous attempts, I went too far.

Phew!

I had the terible feeling it might have been an incopatibility issue with the French version you're using. I'm glad that wasn't the problem. :)
I am having great entertainment times with it.
Thanks for having created and released it.

Cheers.
PS : I plan to reach Miller's yard next week when I have hand picked all that coal at exit of Dante yard :wink: . I must leave now, I am hearing a big horn behind me...

:lol:

Cache Ya,
Craig.
Trainz Pro Routes
Momentum
TPR Testing Team Member
TPR Testing Team Member

Coal Run Problems

Postby Coachman888 » December 07 2006

Hi Guys

I too have a problem with the Coal Run :(

Arriving a Allen Mine I thought the text said I would be directed into bay 1 at the tipple, but I got put into bay 3. I was then told that the locos had been uncoupled and 'Go get the Full Cars!'.

What actually happened was that the last 2 coal cars of the consist were uncoupled and try as I might I could not uncouple the locos. I moved to the full cars with no response from the text at all.

I am running TRS04 v2.4 build 2370. I have attached the JetLog.

Any offers?

Regards
Roger
Attachments
JetLog Coal Run.txt
The only alteration to it I have made to it to change the name JETLOG COAL RUN.
(2.06 MiB) Downloaded 212 times
Growing old is compulsory, growing up is optional.
Coachman888
TPR Forum Member
TPR Forum Member

Postby Momentum » December 07 2006

Having looked at the jetlog I find it's full of messages that read "Message Queue Overflow for node..." which means that TRS has lost track of where it's up to.

The only other time I've seen this was in testing the same scenario and it was caused by the combination of the -DEBUG keyword and using the shift key to speed the scenario along. If you're rushing through with the aid of the shift key then this will happen every time.

If you're NOT using the shift key then I'm at a loss to explain what might have gone wrong. It seems the scenario has gone close to falling over before you'd even reached Dante yard but has continued while throwing out the buffer overflow errors.

Just as a matter of interest you should enter the Allen Mine area and stop just short of junction AllenMine2 (or signal 35935) whereupon you'll be directed to reverse back over junction AllenNumberOne and into track one of the Allen No1 Mine. As you back the coal cars under the tipple the train will start filling but you'll be stopped and uncoupled from it before making a forward movement towards Allen Number2 Mine to pick up the loaded cars there.

Cache Ya,
Craig.
Trainz Pro Routes
Momentum
TPR Testing Team Member
TPR Testing Team Member

Postby Coachman888 » December 08 2006

Craig

Many thanks for that. :D

It leaves me thinking....

(1) I use the keyboard to drive the train and sometimes when using other programs such as Word the response from the (wireless) keyboard is not as fast as I would like. I can change the keyboard though.

(2) I am using an AMD Athlon 64 Processor 3500+ running at 2.2GHz with 1.43GB RAM. The video card is a NVidia GeForce 6600 LE. When running Trainz I use the Open GL mode. Would this mean that the scenario is using the computer to its limit?

(3) The Trainz Optionz are:
-DepthBits=24
-StencilBits=8
-AutopilotSignalDistance=300
-AreaLimit=100
-SectionLimit=10
-ResourceMemory=512
-LoadingTime=1
-KeepParticles=0
-KeepAllResources=0
-Intro=disable
-ForceRealtimeLoad=0
-FramesToAverage=16
-FullScreen
-FreeIntCam

Whilst changing the keyboard I can do with ease is there anything in (3) above you feel would improve the running this great scenario. Any hardware changes in (2) above will have to wait for old Father Finance :(

Many thanks for your help so far.

Regards
Roger
Coachman888
TPR Forum Member
TPR Forum Member

Postby Momentum » December 09 2006

Hi Roger,
Coachman888 wrote:It leaves me thinking....

(1) I use the keyboard to drive the train and sometimes when using other programs such as Word the response from the (wireless) keyboard is not as fast as I would like. I can change the keyboard though.

I wonder about this one... Does your keyboard ever cause multiple repeated characters?

My old wireless model did and it caused havoc in TRS.
(2) I am using an AMD Athlon 64 Processor 3500+ running at 2.2GHz with 1.43GB RAM. The video card is a NVidia GeForce 6600 LE. When running Trainz I use the Open GL mode. Would this mean that the scenario is using the computer to its limit?

Not at all. The scenario was developed on this AthlonXP 2600 (1776MHz) with 2GB RAM. The video here is an old ATI 9600 Pro card. Your machine should handle the route and scenario with ease.
(3) The Trainz Optionz are:
[snip]

There's nothing there that would cause the sort of problem I'm seeing in the jetlog.

Maybe you have too much running in the background (Messenger, ICQ, RTV scanner) and it's not allowing TRS the freedom to do what it needs to.

Just clutching at straws, but TRS loves to have lots of memory to play in.
Whilst changing the keyboard I can do with ease is there anything in (3) above you feel would improve the running this great scenario. Any hardware changes in (2) above will have to wait for old Father Finance :(

Not a thing, sorry. :(

Try running with as few other programs in the background as possible first. If that doesn't fix it maybe a small memory upgrade could be the ticket.

Cache Ya,
Craig.
Trainz Pro Routes
Momentum
TPR Testing Team Member
TPR Testing Team Member

Postby Wulf » December 09 2006

Also try setting

-ForceRealtimeLoad=1

in Trainzoptions.txt ;)
The difficult we do immediately - the impossible takes a little longer
Wulf
TPR Engineering Team
TPR Engineering Team

Postby Coachman888 » December 11 2006

Thanks Craig and Wulf,

Haven't actually done the Coal Run yet but I have been able to complete the Centre backs (?) .

I changed the keyboard to a wired one and added the line as suggested by Wulf.

TO warned that entering the line that caching would be might be more frequent and slower. I think that the caching is more frequent but quicker. Perhaps because it is doing smaller chunks?

Many thanks again.

Regards
Roger
Coachman888
TPR Forum Member
TPR Forum Member

Postby Momentum » December 11 2006

I expect that if you've been able to do the southward run, the northern one won't give you any more trouble. There's a lot more trains (and of course more polys) onscreen down south than up north. :D

You'll probably notice that Dante yard is quite sparsely populated. I'd practically filled it in the scenario's first draft but found the player then couldn't drive through. What rolling stock is left means the scenario runs nicely on my machine.

Cache Ya,
Craig.
Trainz Pro Routes
Momentum
TPR Testing Team Member
TPR Testing Team Member

Postby Coachman888 » December 12 2006

One of the good things is the random nature of the tasks. Each day being different.

I am now trying to learn to drive in Cab Mode. First attempt had me 'slung off' for speeding past the foremans hut!

Ah well gotta put me 'L plates' on!

Regards
Roger
Coachman888
TPR Forum Member
TPR Forum Member

Postby Momentum » December 12 2006

Some time after the scenario hit the DLS I started using CAB mode and after quite a deal of practise I could almost get the locos down to the Dante yard without being thrown out of the driver's seat. :roll:

Cache Ya,
Craig.
Trainz Pro Routes
Momentum
TPR Testing Team Member
TPR Testing Team Member

Return to Scenario Support