RARE!

Wanna waste time with us? Here's your chance!

Moderators: LLJ, jpkeenan, Momentum, n5vav, whitepass

RARE!

Postby locofan » July 09 2012

We were railfanning in Montana, and on the way from Missoula to Kalispell, we saw a Norfolk Southern Dash 9 behind 2 BNSF Dash 9s! (unfortunately, we didn't get any photos or video of it!) Then, 2 days after that, we saw another BNSF train in Whitefish with an ES44AC, Dash 9, and the blue CN Dash 9! (The same day, or the day after, we saw 2 BNSF ex BN locomotives in Whitefish; we had some GOOD barbecued chicken hamburgers and a buffalo burger from a resturant called Piggyback Diner or something like that. YAAAAAAAY!)Then, 1 or 2 days after that, we rode the Eastbound Empire Builder from West Glacier to East Glacier, lead by the Phase IV 40th Anniversary P42DC #184 (and P42DC # 118)! Then, 2 or 3 days after that, we went to Cut Bank and saw an ex Santa Fe Dash 9! Then, the next day, we saw the Empire Builder go through Belton and through Tunnel No. 2. Then, 2 days after that, we saw it one more time going through Essex. Back in Missoula, we were railfanning and saw an MRL SD70ACe leading an SD40-2 and an awesome manifest! PLEASE tell me what you think about that! Normally, when we are railfanning, we are at the Union Pacific yard in Nampa, Idaho. Unfortunately, since 2010, there has been many long lines of locomotives; about 1 train per WEEK instead of 7 trains per day!
locofan
TPR Forum Member
TPR Forum Member

Re: RARE!

Postby jjstrainz » June 03 2014

Wow!!!! In western New York, I once saw a BN patched over with the BNSF logo SD70MAc with a H2 BNSF ES44DC and a NS Nickleplate Heritage ES44 pulling tanks, probably carrying ethanol. That is one of many trains I have seen.
The SOUND editor
jjstrainz
TPR Forum Member
TPR Forum Member

Return to TPR Lounge